Friday 10 April 2015

Lynn's Cakes & Coffee



Made my way to Necessary Provisions on a Tuesday late afternoon but they were closed. As I walked down the row of shophouses, I chanced upon Lynn’s Cakes and Coffee and was attracted by the exterior of the cafe. I opened the door and was immediately greeted by a shelf of cakes at the counter.

The café was quiet, and not too crowded for a weekday high tea. I got myself a Rainbow Beauty Slice ($8.50) as recommended by the staff and paired with a cup of flat white ($5). 


I ever had prior experiences of ordering rainbow cake at other cafes and was left utterly disappointed by the taste. Simply, rainbow cakes are so aesthetically pleasing and their vibrant colours would always subconsciously raise our expectations.


Nonetheless, Lynn's Cakes & Coffee's Rainbow Cake was one of the best I ever had. It was well layered, moist and spongy. The flat white didn’t complement well with it, probably because it didn’t taste robust like how I like my coffee to be. On another note, a pot of tea might have been a wiser option.


A few power sockets were planted to the walls and corners of the café and wifi was available (but it wasn't bullet speed fast). All in all, the rainbow cake lived up to its name as the bestseller and definitely worth a try for rainbow cake lovers! 



11 Eng Kong Terrace, Singapore 598983
6314 2886
hello@lynnscakes.com.sg
Hours:
Tue - Thur: 11am - 7pm
Fri, Sat & Eve of P.H.: 11am -  9pm
Sun & P.H: 11am to 8pm
Monday Closed

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!