Saturday 18 April 2015

Lola's Cafe


It was my first visit to the highly raved Lola's café. Lola's Café have been gathering a strong following of loyal patrons over the years and many braved long waiting time to relish their legendary brunch menu. I finally took a day off for a causal catch-up with my peers who live in the east and highly recommended the cafe for brunch (10am to 3pm). 

Lola's café is located at Simon Road, barely a five-minute walk away from Kovan MRT. To prevent long waiting time/hours in the humid weather, do remember to make a reservation the day before. They do not allow reservation to be made on the same day. 


I did not do much research prior and thankfully reached an hour earlier before the meeting time to get a queue number.  The waiting time was exactly an hour before we were directed to our tables. 


I ordered Farmhouse Brats ($10), Pork sausage bun with nacho cheese sauce, purple slaw and potato fries. The protein was juicy and savory, well paired with the other fillings. Had a cup of Flat white ($5) and it was thick with the right level of bitterness. 


I had the entire plate of Honey Paprika Crispy Wings ($10) all by myself. The wings were fried to perfection, generously peppered with paprika and honey drizzled on top. I couldn’t be bothered about any image and dug it with my bare hands. It was totally worth having my fingers oiled which I get finicky about. 


Had a bite my friend’s Breakfast Butter Croissant ($14) and it tasted heavenly. The croissant was crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. You could literally taste the layers of butter tediously folded in the preparation process. In between the croissant, it was filled with scrambled eggs, honey bacon, pork ham, cheddar cheese and a generous serving of garden salad. 


The service was impeccable and the floor crew tended to our needs politely and efficiently. The only drawback was the waiting time, just remember to make your reservation the day before and it will be good. Food was exceptional, great service and totally worth every penny. 

Lola's Cafe could easily make it to one of the top ten cafes to visit in Singapore on my personal list. No wonder the hype and tons of good reviews about it. If you haven’t been there, you’re missing out a lot.


Address: 5 Simon Rd, S545893
Tel: 6284 0349
Email: contact@lolascafe.com.sg
Hours:
Monday Closed
Tuesday 10:00 am – 11:30 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 11:30 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 11:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 am
Saturday 10:00 am – 12:00 am
Sunday 10:00 am – 11:30 pm

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!